When choosing a drill, several auger variants are available in the market from which you can pick a suitable auger. From enhancing the penetrative capacity to saving time and trouble, the right tool will help you get the job done in construction or mining projects.
If you want a rock drill for the next project, choose the tool that excavates sturdy rock structures easily. Rock augers are a one-time investment so ensure that you research well before selecting the right tool. Moreover, improper equipment handling will result in deterioration, and further damages might be caused during the drilling operations.
Investing in a good drilling tool that does not deteriorate quickly is crucial. You know how hard it is to perform the task, but drilling is essential in many industries. Soft rocks are more accessible to the auger, whereas professionals with experience can manage hard rocks in sectors like construction, mining and more. Here are some tips to help you execute the task without any difficulties.
Follow the below tips to finish the drilling task easily
- Firstly, you must choose the rock type that needs your fit and determine the difficulty level you will manage when drilling a hole. Subsequently, it would help if you chose the right spot to use the rock drill. Make use of a pencil and mark the area to ensure proper drilling.
- When you are done with the above step, choosing the drill and drill bit is vital. Measure the hardness level of the rocks, which is essential in selecting the correct type of auger and its bit. For instance, you may use a diamond-tip drill bit for hard stones like granite. Use the right drill press that syncs with the rock size.
- Whether you use a battery-powered hammer or an electric handheld rock drill, ensure it suffices the drilling needs. When using the electric variant, you must find extension cords to reach the rocks quickly.
- Submerge the rock in a water-filled container to get a clear view of the drilling process if it is small. When it comes to more giant rocks, it is essential to pour water continuously. Water is vital in the process as heat generation is expected.
- Once you are done with the above-specified steps, position the tip well and start the process. Gradually enhance the drill’s rotational speed and infuse more pressure to keep the bit straight.
Prevent unnecessary damage
When the drilling machine has air for a long time, friction generates heat, putting the auger equipment under significant pressure. As a result, the equipment may melt, and the thermal energy generation may also cause a glazing effect on the rock’s surface.
If you want to cease the deterioration of the tool, experts suggest cooling the equipment every five minutes after usage. You must stop the equipment’s operation and lift it from the surface.
Choosing the best tool for your next drilling project
Hydraulic tools are powerful and can drill through challenging terrains, including hard rock and several sedimentary layers. It is crucial to pick the right auger for better performance, and making the right choice will save unnecessary expenses you will be splurging on worn-out or broken parts. Selecting an incorrect drilling tool may cost you a lot in the long run. Find the best machines available in the market and use them effectively.